How To Get Money Back From Paypal If Scammed – Know More Here! >> This article tells you about getting your money back through PayPal if you have been scammed.
Online scams have now become exceedingly common and have become a significant concern. Several factors can help differentiate between an authentic and a scam website or deal.
However, we often neglect other aspects and fall into the trap of these scams as they claim to offer unrealistic discounts on products or provide other offers. Please continue reading to know the answer to How To Get Money Back From Paypal If Scammed?
Users Worldwide end up making online payments to get the promised item, but they don’t receive it. We’re going to make the case specifically for payments done through PayPal and how you can get it back.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is a platform where you can make payments and transactions smoothly. It’s an easy-to-use platform, and its efficient working has made it among the top online payment and finance apps and platforms.
On any e-commerce website, an option to pay through PayPal always exists. Scammers plan these elaborate scams to lure users Worldwide through attractive deals and offer and steal their money in the process.
Does Paypal Refund Money If Scammed? Yes, you can get your money back through some methods, which gives this platform an upper hand over others. We advise you to look at some relevant articles that can help you tell the difference between genuine and scam sites. Meanwhile, if you have been scammed, we’re going to help you get your money back.
How to get your Money back from Scammers?
There are several things you can do to get your money back if you’ve been scammed. Let’s take a look at them. We’re going to reveal the answer to How To Get Money Back From Paypal If Scammed below.
- If the transaction is still pending, you can quickly cancel it, and you won’t be charged.
- However, if the transaction is completed, you can ask the seller for a refund.
If the above two methods don’t work, which they likely won’t when dealing with scammers, you’re going to have to use the following services.
PayPal Purchase Protection
PayPal offers a security feature to its users when making any purchase to protect them from scams and fraud. This policy is applicable in the given scenarios. How To Get Money Back From Paypal If Scammed? You can use this method to get a refund in the following ways:
- Users are charged for payments they did not make.
- Users never receive the purchased item or receive a defective piece.
- PayPal offers a full refund in these cases, and you need to file a report within 180 days for scams and 60 days for automatic unauthorized transactions.
- Please note that multiple transactions aren’t covered under this policy.
- It’s also not applicable for real estate, donations, machinery, vehicles, and items against PayPal’s policy.
- We suggest you look up the official associated webpage to get all the crucial details.
How To Get Money Back From Paypal If Scammed?: Raising A Dispute
Asking for a refund won’t likely have any results in the case of scammers. In this case, you can raise a dispute to get your money back. You can file this dispute in PayPal’s Resolution Center.
You can easily find this center on the official website of PayPal but not the mobile or other applications.
- Visit the official website of PayPal and head over to the Resolution Center (www.payapal.com/disputes), which you can quickly find on the homepage.
- Log in with the account with which you have made the disputed transaction.
- Select the option of reporting a problem and proceed further.
- How To Get Money Back From Paypal If Scammed? Please keep reading to find out.
- Enter all the required information on the webpage and other relevant details.
- Re-check all the details as they’re crucial in getting your money back.
- Now, click on enter to successfully submit this dispute.
- If the seller hasn’t responded in over twenty days, you can raise the dispute’s level to a claim.
- You can make the dispute a claim through the Resolution Center.
- After making a claim, PayPal itself will step in to investigate the issue.
- PayPal will conduct a thorough investigation and decide whether to give you a refund within a month and notify you about it.
- How To Get Money Back From Paypal If Scammed? This method has an excellent success ratio in getting money back from scammers.
This method is beneficial if you make PayPal payments through your Credit Card. Please note that using this method will put the matter of refund out of PayPal’s jurisdiction. PayPal will work with your card issuer and look into the problem but doesn’t have the decision of providing a refund. This method is beneficial as it freezes the seller’s account, rendering them unable to shift the scammed money from their bank account.
How To Get Money Back From Paypal If Scammed? Chargeback will prove handy as the seller’s account is only made active once the issue has been solved. It works in the following ways:
- You can apply for a chargeback if you haven’t received the item you paid for or received a defective piece.
- It’s also applicable for unauthorized charges, errors in the number of payments, when the same transaction is carried out more than once, etc.
- To file this chargeback, you need to contact your card issuer through the details they have provided you, like contact, phone, email, etc.
- How To Get Money Back From Paypal If Scammed? It’s best to file this claim within sixty days of making the payment to get the refund.
- Please contact your card issuer for other relevant information.
Several users fall victim to elaborate fraud schemes every day. There are several steps you can take to avoid falling prey to them. However, if you made payments to a scammer, it’s too late to be looking for scam prevention tips. If you made that payment through PayPal, you’re in luck because there are some methods through which you can get your money back.
Does Paypal Refund Money If Scammed? Yes, it does, and we have mentioned the related methods above. Let us know how they work for you in the comments section below.