Do you know about the mitragyna speciosa tree? Well, it’s the creator of the herb ketum. Kratom or ketum is a popular alternative to prescription opioid painkillers. Kratom variants like super Indo kratom are very profitable. However, they also seem connected with severe side effects.
Kratom Boofing (also known as “Kratomonics”) is a new trend that has been making headlines recently. It involves taking kratom in such large doses that it becomes more stimulant than an opiate. Talk of the town says that boofing can lead to psychosis and even death! So what precisely is boofing? And why should you avoid doing it? Let’s know it all.
What is boofing?
Boofing is a slang term for snorting ketum powder. The herb can get snorted, but the effects will be different than when you consume it in capsule form. It’s not safe, and it’s not recommended.
The reason boofing isn’t recommended is because there are too many unknown factors involved with how your body reacts to ingesting ketum on this particular method of consumption. For example: what happens if you get water up your nose while doing this? Or if you have asthma or allergies? What about those who don’t want to risk any side effects from consuming foreign substances like this one?
Why shouldn’t you do kratom boofing?
If you’re considering boofing ketum, there are several reasons to reconsider. The herb is renowned for its ability to produce euphoria and heightened mood. But it can also lead to dangerous side effects such as kidney damage and brain damage if used in high doses. In addition, boofing mitragyna seems connected with several deaths in recent years.
While these risks may seem small compared with the potential benefits of ketum use (which include pain relief), they should still make you think twice before boofing it. Some of them are-
- Kidney Damage- The kidneys filter waste products out of your bloodstream and regulate how much water you drink daily. If they become damaged over time due to repeated snorted use of the concentrated herb containing high levels of caffeine, serious problems may arise. It includes an increased risk of diabetes mellitus type 2, which will require lifelong treatment through diet modification alone.
- Brain Damage- The brain is the most crucial organ in your body. It controls everything from muscle movement to thought processes and emotions. If you damage your brain by using ketum through boofing, it can affect how well your body functions. The brain is also the most sensitive organ in your body. It can get damaged by such uses. Over time, continued use of this herb could cause severe damage to your memory and cognitive functions, including memory loss.
- Memory loss- It refers to a condition where you cannot recall information that stores in your brain over time. It may happen because it’s easy to forget things when boofing ketum regularly. Long-term users may experience difficulties recalling past experiences or basic facts, like their phone number or home address.
- Slow thinking: Slow thinking is a condition where you cannot think clearly and quickly. Boofing ketum slows your brain down. It means that everything you do takes longer to complete. You may also need help concentrating on the task at hand. It can make it hard to do uncomplicated tasks like reading or writing correctly.
- Impaired coordination- It refers to problems with balance and movement. Boofing ketum can make you feel dizzy or nauseous after taking it. It is why many users experience difficulties when walking or performing other tasks that require them to move around quickly.
- Drowsiness: Drowsiness is a condition where you feel sleepy and tired; it’s common for kratom users to experience drowsiness after taking the drug because they lack energy.
- Dizziness and nausea- These are two common side effects of snorting ketum. They can be particularly troublesome when combined with other substances, such as alcohol. It is why many people report feeling sick after drinking while also snorting premium kratom. The symptoms of drowsiness and nausea can last for several hours after taking the herb.
- Headaches- It is a common side effect of snorting the herb. Studies don’t know precisely why this happens. But some users report that headaches go after they stop doing this act.
- Constipation– It refers to problems with bowel movements and digestion. Many ketum users experience constipation. That’s because the drug alters their digestive processes in some way. It’s also worth noting that many people who snort kratom regularly start suffering from constipation after using it for a few months or years.
Kratom boofing is a bad idea. Here are some more adverse effects-
- Respiratory depression (lungs don’t get enough oxygen)
- Hallucinations (seeing things that aren’t there)
- Psychosis (in rare cases, such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder), including paranoia and delusions
Hallucinations may be more common in those who are already psychologically unstable due to their environment or have a history of drugs or alcohol abuse/overuse, etc. People who experience psychosis while snorting the herb should seek medical attention immediately.
Ketum snorting can lead to diarrhea. It may also cause dry mouth and eyes (in some cases). In rare cases, it might cause liver damage in those who use kratom regularly or are taking other substances that are harmful to their liver.
The using technique may also cause muscle strains. It is why it’s not recommended for use by people who drive or operate heavy machinery. Also, ketum can have an additive effect when taken with other drugs.
Boofing is not the best way to consume kratom-
Boofing is not the best way to consume kratom. And you should avoid it if possible. It is because kratom has a low concentration of alkaloids in its leaves. It implies that it is very simple to overdose on these substances by taking large amounts at once. So, if someone does choose to boof their kratom (and we know that some people do), there are ways of doing so safely without getting yourself into too much trouble:
- Take smaller doses over time instead of all at once.
- Only take enough so that your experience doesn’t cause any adverse effects.
- Have someone around who knows how much you’re consuming. With this, you can note how much you’ve had before feeling any symptoms such as nausea or difficulty breathing.
You must be careful about what types of kratom you buy, as certain strains are more potent than others. If you don’t know which variant is perfect for your needs, then ask a friend or pro ketum user who does. If you still decide to boof your kratom, you must know the risks and learn how to avoid them.
So, now you know why you shouldn’t boof the mitragyna herb. This information has helped you understand more about sniffing ketum and its effects on the body. If you have any questions, contact a doctor or pharmacist before you try this utilizing technique.