This article describes a breach that led to the exposure of data of a major American financial institution. Read on Lakeview Loan Servicing Data Breach Scam.
Are you anxious about a recent information exposure from a top American mortgage service company exposing several customers’ personal information? Then, let’s evaluate the issue and the further proceedings initiated to tackle the data leakage.
Specialty finance-based customers from the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia are shocked by the official information that mentions a significant data disclosure that involves the personal and financial information of the customers. Read till the end to understand more about the Lakeview Loan Servicing Data Breach Scam.
About Lakeview Data Exposure
The incident went out to the public after the Lakeview company officially sent mail to the Attorney General informing about the data breach with the company servers exposing several sensitive data.
The company had another letter that addressed the Lakeview customers about detecting external access into their system servers that contained secured data files of the customers. Apart from that, the company apologized to the customers for the incident.
The customers are provided with toll-free numbers to connect with the Lakeview officials for queries related to the incident.
Lakeview Loan Servicing Data Breach Scam
- According to the information from the Lakeview officials, in December 2021, unauthorized access to the company servers got detected.
- The illegal access occurred between 27th October 2021 and 7th December 2021.
- Upon further detailed analysis, the Lakeview team found that the third party had access to sensitive information, including personal and financial data.
- The breach that occurred with Lakeview is highly intense while considering that this mortgage service company has more than 1.5 million customers.
Information Involved In Data Breach
As per the Lakeview officials, the following customer data got exposed on Lakeview Loan Servicing Data Breach Scam:
- In addition, the customers’ Social Security Numbers were accessible to the third party involved with the unauthorized entry.
- In addition to that, the customer names, residential addresses, and loan numbers also got exposed to the external party.
- All the data involved with loan modification, loan application, and other additional loan services got exposed.
What’s Lakeview’s Email To Attorney General?
- An official mail was sent to Attorney General John Formella on 18th March 2022, informing them about the entry of an external party into their data servers.
- The Subject line associated with the Lakeview Loan Servicing Data Breach Scam email was mentioned as “Incident Notification.”
- The email also mentions the preliminary list of exposed individuals.
- Craig A Hoffman wrote the email on behalf of the company.
- The email is concluded with the company’s steps taken to avoid similar issues in the future.
Exposure of financial data to external sources is a potential risk as the data can be misused in several forms. An informed customer follows the expert’s opinion to be on the safer side. To know more on this topic, kindly visit this link.
Have you read about Lakeview Loan Servicing Data Breach Scam? If yes, please comment below.